Friday, September 10, 2010

Lazy? Not So Much

You know that feeling that you get, first thing in the morning?  Okay, maybe it's after you've had a cup of coffee or your shower.  The feeling that you can take on the world and that it's a Brand New Day....

Well, I don't.  Once upon a time I suppose I must have felt that way.    I first noticed changes when I was about 15 or 16 years old.  It became harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning.  After school, I took a nap every day.  My parents just thought I was lazy.

Fast forward about another 15 years.... I still have trouble getting out of bed every morning.  I down two or three cups of coffee before I can coherently speak or think.  I am extremely tired throughout the day, and to make things even worse, my new job is B-O-R-I-N-G.  Painfully so!  I've been lucky enough in my life to have a job that I absolutely love doing.  Until now.

I laugh and I have to catch myself from falling because my knees buckle.  This is called Cataplexy.  Google it.  Be glad you don't have it.

The best part of my life?  My four year old son.  He's my sunshine, my whole world.  Parenting is hard work, even more so when you're a single parent with a sleep disorder.  Sometimes, I feel so ashamed that I don't have the energy to play with him like I should.  We do our best though.
 
Any questions?

Until next time,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment